One of my favourite things I love to batch make every week is my organic vegan rice pudding. It’s so delicious, filling and made from such natural ingredients it’s a winner. Ready and on hand to tuck into from the fridge, gorgeous HOT or COLD, this rice pudding is perfect as a delicious Breakfast, Pudding, snack, heated up it makes for a perfect supper, all cosy and carbohydrate rich, it’s great to help aid a restful sleep. You can even whiz a spoonful up with some almond milk for a bedtime smoothie maybe by adding a spoonful of cacao and/or a couple of dates. I even indulge in a portion as a main meal and the kids love it!
Serves 6 – 8 dependant or portion sizes
- Large pan with lid or plate to cover
- 1 litre of Almond milk – I use unsweetened Alpro or Almond breeze or I make my own almond milk.
- 1 cup of pudding rice – I use biona organic
- Teaspoon of cinnamon – I use Lucy bee
- Pinch of sea salt – I use Cornish sea salt crystals from Cornish sea salt co
- 1 teaspoon (squeeze) of agave nectar – I use the groovy food company
- Toppings when cooked – I love to use a good dollop of sweet freedoms choc pot or a squeeze of one of they’re lovely choc shot or agave nectar but you could top with anything you love such as nuts, fruit, coconut sugar, cacao nibs, cacao – the choice is yours and the options are endless
- this recipe also works well if you add 2 cardamom pods when adding the cinnamon and sea salt
- In a large pan add 1 cup of pudding rice and one teaspoon of cinnamon along with one pinch of sea salt
- Pour in 1ltr of unsweetened almond milk
- Stir on a low heat, cover and leave to simmer stirring occasionally for about 30 – 40 minuets, until it looks a nice thick consistency and the rice is cooked through and no longer hard
- Once cooked turn of the heat and leave to sit covered for 10 minutes or so to cool and thicken to a good eating temperature.
- Serve topped with your favourite topping, ie agave nectar, sweet freedom choc pot, coconut sugar, cinnamon, cacao nibs, nuts, fruit – the possibilities are endless try out a few different ones and tell me your favourite.
- remember you can always add a spoonful with some almond or coconut milk to make a yummy bedtime smoothie or healthy breakfast by adding some cacao, dates, cinnamon and/or any other ingredients you love. https://www.instagram.com/p/BvzHMlknID9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Please tag me @theorganicyorkshirerose to share your creations with me.
Love Sarah x
COPYRIGHT © 2019 SARAH FISHER.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.